Saturday, May 14, 2011

Suzuki Book 1 Violin Recital

Today, Samuel had his Suzuki Book 1 violin recital.  A few friends from the former Parkview Church, the TCA, some of Samuel's friends, a teaching colleague and our accompanist's sisters were in the audience.  Two elders from Calvin-Goforth Presbyterian Church also listened in.  One of them provided a very nice commentary for us at the end.  You can't have a performance without an audience, so I was very happy that they could come and hear our son play.  I love the acoustics of Calvin-Goforth church and it really enhanced the experience.

I also listened to Alice Sara Ott's recording of Chopin Waltzes today.  Marvelous.  I noticed she played the autograph version of Op 69, Nr 1 (the one I tried to play) and yes, the notes confirmed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment