Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Géza Anda died on this day in 1976

About a year ago I noted that Géza Anda had died in mid-June.  Today, I actually made money on the TSX. It's been really bad for junior mining stocks since March.  However, today, Ethiopian Potash rose from the dumpster to make me $95.  I have to hope Sunridge Gold does the same too.

Anyways, I would recommend piano buffs buy the Brilliant Classic set The Art of Géza Anda.  It is pretty much a reissue of DG's Géza Anda, Troubadour of the Piano minus the Brahms 2nd Concerto with Friscay and Schumann concerto recordings from that set.  I still want his version of the Chopin Waltzes though.  It's hard to get nowadays!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslieruo, Well it's almost mid June again, 2014, and I have some Anda recordings, obviously all the DG Mozarr concertos, and a mixed bab of Orfeo and EMI/Testament recital CDs. The Orfeo Schumann I was a bit disappointed by. So for his studio versions of Svhumann...where to go for Anda at his best in good sound? EMI or DG or even elseshere? David

    ReplyDelete