Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dispute with The Dev Shop amicably resolved

I had bought a suite of database tools on March 3, 2012.  Unfortunately, the product activation of the software was not allowing me to activate anything except DBQwiksite Developer Edition.  I was getting tired of not having my e-mails replied to regarding the activation issues.  Since I paid with Paypal, I opened up a dispute under my Paypal account and my request for a refund of the portion of my payment in excess of the price for a license for DBQwiksite Developer Edition was granted the same day.  Score one for Paypal buyer protection.  If you don't complain, then you won't get your satisfaction!  This salvages my opinion of the DevShop as DBQwikSite is a really great product!

On another sour note with regard to customer service, I had contacted Musical Heritage Society by phone today inquiring about my previous orders which were no longer showing up online when I logged in.  I was trying to reconcile credit card charges with the packing slips (which no longer showed how much was being charged).  When I explained to the rep that the numbers weren't adding up (and I noted it was a small amount anyways) and that I've had issues with backordering of 2 of my last 3 orders, she told me I could close the account since I wasn't satisfied.  I asked her if she had an alternative solution.  Eventually she said she could get an accounts person to contact me.  I said that sounded like a reasonable solution.   However, I was rather annoyed with her attitude, so I e-mailed customer service and told them to close my account (as she suggested).

Now, I don't get this kind of crap with Amazon.ca and Zeller's kindly refunded my money for a purchase that was beyond their return date (the power cord was missing and the item I thought was new, was actually returned by someone previously).  I know sometimes customers take advantage, but that wasn't my slant!  Thank goodness for quality customer service to offset the bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment