Saturday, December 4, 2010

An excellent three months for my RRSP

I have achieved Active Trader status and now pay $10 trades for any number of shares.  This is a great benefit from my previous cost of $29 trades for up to 1000 shares.  I could have made a few thousand more than I did, but one has to fight the bad psychology of "what could of been".  How do you move your RRSP up by about $3000 in 3 months?  I traded ATH-T, TKO-T, STB-T and MFC-T.  I dumped MFC-T and ATH-T too early  and made hundreds instead of thousands.  TKO was just for a quick 10s of dollars.  Now, I also got lucky by buying WTN-T on Dec 2nd when they announced an extension of their takeover talks with Walther.  On Dec 3rd, it rocketed at the open and I made a cool $480.  RESEARCH!  I've done a lot of reading on GlobeInvestor, so that was essential.  You also need a stock that has a high volume.  WTN was very active once it was a takeover target. I noticed since STB-T pays its generous 9% dividend monthly, you can trade it during the month to make small capital gains as well as collecting the monthly dividend.  Now, I'm holding K-T and it's risen nicely this week.  I bought too high, but now it's in positive territory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment