Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why are the gold mining stocks lagging?

I don't get it.  Gold is on a hot streak and nearing it's all time high.  Yet K-T took a nose dive and almost hit it's 52 week low yesterday.  Avion is not moving at all either.  This is frustrating.  The C$ hasn't risen enough to account for this lag in performance of gold stocks.  Is the euphoria from December 2010 gone?  I also found this website with news about commodities and possible names on the the TSX to look at.  I also checked the Avion corporate site and noted that Sprott's ownership of the company has dropped from 19% to 11%.  They had updated their investor fact sheet on January 18th.  I last looked at it in December.  I guess Sprott must have taken some profits in December?  Hmm.... that should give Avion investors some food for thought!  Looking at just the numbers, it would seem to me that K-T is a much better value than AVR-T?  Now don't you wish you could have gotten in on AVR-T at an earlier stage (story from 2009)?  How do we find another early stage gold miner that will rocket?

No comments:

Post a Comment