Sunday, January 15, 2012

All is not lost for Taiwan

Despite the great disappointment yesterday, I am still not writing Taiwan off.  The Taiwan Solidarity Union's vote gave them 3 seats in the LY.
I was worried the TSU might disappear if they didn't get enough votes.  Although, some have said Ma will play even dirtier in the 2nd term, I thought, didn't Taiwan survive 39 years of White Terror from the KMT?  Taiwan will survive 4 more years of Ma.  Maybe the 25% of voters who stayed home will wake up and help boot them out the next time?  There are still some old guards like Mark Chen who are working for Taiwan and Lee Ying-yuan, Hsiao Bi-Khim are in the legislature too.  This analyst noted that there are very few people like Tsai Ing-wen in the DPP.  I hope she will stay and fight on.  As long as there are patriots who keep working for Taiwan, I will not lose hope.  China will also fall under the weight of its false potential (remember Gordan Chang's book?).  The cracks are already beginning to show in China's 'hot' economy!  I have also decided that companies like EVA, HTC etc do not deserve my patronage.  I would rather buy Japanese or Korean than from those traitorous companies.  I-mei, however, is still a friend of Taiwan.

Here are the complete LY results.  So, as my friends at the Liberty Times note, the more diverse LY brings hope!  THANK YOU SOUTH TAIWAN (ESPECIALLY TAINAN) AND ILAN FOR HAVING GREAT JUDGEMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment