Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ring in the New Year with Schumann's Spring Symphony

I listened to Roger Norrington's recording of the Schumann Spring and Rhenish Symphonies on New Year's morning. I did notice some vibratoless string playing that Norrington advocates - a baroque orchestra sound that seems strange in Schumann! Right now, I'm listening to Haitink's recordings of the Rhenish and 4th Symphonies. I bought the LP of it years ago, but now have Haitink's complete set on CD.  Brahms has been the staple composer for the past few month's so I thought I'd go back to my other favorite composer, Schumann (along with Mozart).  Beethoven's genius is also heard regularly in the home.  That is one of the greatest joys in my life!

The 2nd Blackberry Playbook I ordered is in.  The Source also found the other one I ordered too (I will be returning that one as I got the preboxing Day price of $250 for the 32 Gig version (saved another $50).  This reviewer says the Playbook is his favorite tablet. I really hope |Canada's RIM turns it around.  At $250 for the 32 Gig version ($200 for the 16 Gig version), you could have up to 3 Playbooks for a single iPad 2.  I know iPad 2 is not 3x better than the Playbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment