Sunday, June 20, 2010

More 'fun' with Windows 7


I don't believe those stupid Windows 7 commercials one bit. Today, I had trouble with HDMI audio on my ATI Radeon HD4350. The main display is an LCD monitor connected to the Gigabyte mainboard Radeon 4200 via DVI. My LCD TV is connected to the Radeon HD4350 PCI Express 2.0 video card. I wasn't getting any audio via HDMI on the TV and couldn't figure it out (it always was showing not plugged in). Finally, I shut down and did a cold boot. The HDMI was finally 'connected'. Sure is stupid that Windows 7 can't autodetect the connection - you have to reboot before it will see the HDMI audio connection! Of course, I still have to manually select the ATI Radeon HDMI as my default audio output. Kind of dumb I can't tell which one it is (the onboard 4200 or the PCI Express 4350).

No comments:

Post a Comment