Sunday, September 26, 2010

2-4-D or not 2-4-D?

Sprayed 2-4-D broad leaf herbicide on my lawn yesterday.  The stuff really stinks and I wasn't exactly feeling too great after taking over an hour to spray the lawn.  According to the industry, this stuff is really safe and has been researched as such.  Here is the other side of the story.  Cosmetic herbicides are of course banned in a lot of Canada (Ontario and Québec for instance).  I heard Weed and Feed isn't going to be sold in Saskatoon anymore too.  I know the Turf Green Weed and Feed sold by Co-op in the past was really effective at controlling broad leaf weeds.  It's more convenient than spraying 2-4-D mix like I did yesterday.

Now, it would be nice if I could find something like this balanced reporting about the pros and cons of CFL bulbs.   This site also has some good information about CFLs and their dangers.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's Friday evening and the smell of 2-4-D still taints my lawn. This is pretty powerful stuff and I wonder why if it's suppose to break down by 2 days why it still smells of 2-4-D?

    ReplyDelete