Sunday, September 12, 2010

2010 September 12

Well, the day started with sad news that Great Uncle #4 has passed on.  He was the first son of my great grandfather's 2nd wife (on my dad's side).  My great aunt from Edmonton had left for Taiwan this past week.

I heard Michael Swan play Bach's Air from Orchestral Suite 3 in church this morning.  This is of course very famous and sublime.  I guess given my Great Uncle's passing, it was kind of appropriate.

On a happier note, we went to Shaw Centre again. It was quite crowded today and we noticed that the diving section was open.  Samuel took quite a bit of coaxing, but he eventually tried out the 1 m springboard.  After about 30 tries on the 1 m board, he tried the 3 m board.  Again, it took quite a bit of coaxing.  There was a fearless little girl in a life jacket jumping off the 3 m springboard.  There was also a slightly older little girl jumping off the 5 m platform.  I saw a few kids jump off the 7.5 m platform, but nobody attempted the 10 m platform.  No pictures though - didn't bring the camera.  The pool is 5 m deep, so he wasn't very confident at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment