Saturday, February 8, 2014

A package arrived from London on February 6

We met Alexandre Da Costa at Mont Tremblant in July and he signed his Lalo CD for us.  His newest CD (Beethoven Violin Concerto with the Taipei Symphony Orchestra) arrived from Presto Classical on February 6.  I listened to part of the first movement today.  The album also features the Beethoven 7th with the TSO.  This is also the first CD I have of an orchestra from my homeland.  I don't listen to the Beethoven Violin Concerto very much.  For some reason, I'm not as attracted to it as say the Bruch G minor, Brahms and the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto.  The first movement of the Beethoven violin concerto has a part in the opening tutti that is very majestic and often gives me the shivers though.

No comments:

Post a Comment