Sunday, July 4, 2010

Windows 7 BSOD strikes again

Surfing with Firefox (3 tabs) and while reading about the VBRun site on VisualBasic.about.com, the computer rebooted (blackscreen). On reboot, it started up, but as my desktop was showing up, it blue screened and showed an error IRQ not less than. Rebooted and it hung at the BIOS startup screen. There were some strange pixels showing up. Had to press the reset button to reboot. It hangs as the OpenOffice.org registration popup came up (I couldn't click on anything on the screen - it was hung up). Pressed reboot again and now I'm doing this blog post.

THIS IS CRAP.

As I was searching for info on my problem (in Firefox), the computer rebooted (black screen) again. Upon successful reboot, I did a system restore back to June 18 (before the June 24 issues). Noticed that there were more updates on July 1 and 2nd as well. When the system restore rebooted the computer, I got a black screen, but it wasn't hung up as I could move the mouse around. I turned on my TV to check if it was also a black screen and it was. So, I control-Alt-DEL into task manager and finally my desktop magically appears after a while and the system restore says it was successful (to June 18). The OpenOffice.org registration popup came up again, but I could click on it.

So far, with the restore back to June 18, there have been no problems and I could even burn a DVD with PowerProducer 3 (USB 2.0 to IDE DVD burner). I've turned off automatic updates. Definitely a stupid MS Update issue that's plagued my computer for the past 10 days.

Here are some links that may be associated with this problem

No comments:

Post a Comment