Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Elisha likes Brahms 3rd Symphony & Samuel's Great Violin Lesson

The young Brahms
Yesterday, I decided I was feeling 'fat' and the blood sugar was up again, so I went down to do 30 minutes on the NordicTrak.  I played Brahms 3rd Symphony while I was skiing as it was one of his favorites.  The Brahms Violin Concerto and the 2 piano concerti are also his favorites.  He listens to Brahms 3rd in the van, so I let him listen to that while I was exercising and he was playing with cars.  He also likes Schumann's 4th Symphony and sleeps well to the CD of the Schumann 3rd and 4th Symphonies with Haitink and the Royal Concertegebouw Orchestra.  That's one orchestra I would really love to hear live.  He says he wants to go to the symphony again every time we drive near TCU Place.  This is a toddler who loves his classical music - especially some of Dad's favorite Romantic composers - Schumann and Brahms.  Unfortunately, he doesn't like Mozart - it's not loud and big enough for him.

Samuel had a great violin lesson yesterday. His teacher is very meticulous and he didn`t have a lesson last week.  His teacher said he has done as much in a month and a half  as some of his other students do in 1.5 years.  That`s due to his hard work as his mom makes him practise piano and violin every day.  His piano teacher is also very picky (more so than his first teacher).  He`s lucky to have two such great teachers to start out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment