Sunday, October 27, 2013

Book's I've Read Recently

I've done a bit of reading these past few weeks:
  1. Healed of Cancer (Dodie Osteen):  A great source of the 40 healing scriptures the author used to win the battle with cancer when she was given three weeks to live by doctors.
  2. Choose Yourself (James Altucher):  A very practical book that outlines what steps one can take to thrive in the new economic and corporate reality. 
  3. Becoming a Man of Unwavering Faith (John Osteen):  Having been given Joel Osteen's Become a Better You by my dad several years ago, I thought I would try out what Joel's dad had to say.  I instantly found this audio book to be a scripturally based, practical guide to all matters of faith.  I found Joel Osteen's books to be the Christian version of Carol Dweck's Mindset.  John Osteen's book has long passages of scripture right in the text itself.
  4. Your Words Hold a Miracle (John Osteen):  The second John Osteen book I've read and I found the confessions at the last chapters of the book to speak volumes to me and my relationship with God.
  5. Living in the Abundance of God (John Osteen):  I'm currently reading this book and the most notable thing I've learned so far is that one must be truly forgiving in order to break the curse of Satan that Jesus bore for us all on the cross.  Altucher talks about how one's mind is full of useless thoughts.  John Osteen notes that illness can fester because one as not searched their hearts to rid themselves of any excess garbage (envy, jealousy, anger, hate) that is in their lives. 
  6. Bought Joel's latest book Breakout from Audible (first book is free!).  Love how he says we should all have our Baal Perazim like David.  Joel's dad prayed for a locked trunk to open, his mom survived 'terminal' cancer and prayed for her car to start and Lakewood Church's property are all examples of miracles from his family.  Don't let your mind constrain God.
  7. Holy Bible:  I get daily readings from the Canadian Bible Society and Biblegateway.  I have made a point of reading them every day now.  As the link shows, Bible Gateway has great tools for mining the treasures in God's word.  I also put a 10 chapter a day reading guide here.

No comments:

Post a Comment