Sunday, March 20, 2011

Never buy a GM Vehicle

I have had 3 GM vehicles and each successive one is worse than its predecessor.  The first was a 1990 Cavalier.  That one was mediocre, but the dealer (Sherwood Chev-Olds Saskatoon) was awful.  I once phoned ahead to check if there was time for an oil change and they said yes.  When I drove in, they said they were full.  Also, just before the warranty expired, I paid for a complete inspection only to be told the manifold intake oil leak (that had occurred since the first year I owned the car) couldn't be fixed today and I would have to come back another time (and pay another $100 deductible).  Their excuse was I didn't tell them to look for it BEFORE they did the inspection, so GM says I have to bring it in a 2nd time (and pay the $100) before they would fix it.  I thought this was very ludicrous as it was a problem they and I knew about for 2 years.  Sherwood also put in a 1992 air conditioning part in my 1990 and it failed the year after they installed it.  They told me it wasn't their fault since SGI supplied them with the part.  Well, aren't they a GM dealer?  I had to pay $100 deductible to fix THEIR mistake. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM SASKATOON SHERWOOD CHEV-OLDS.

So, I went to the other Saskatoon Chevy dealer (SMP) and traded in the Cavalier for a 2000 Malibu.  They didn't have the colour I wanted, but they said they would drive in the car from Medicine Hat (if I wanted it freighted, it would cost more)!  I had just changed the tires, installed a new battery and alternator and they gave me $3600 for the 9 year old Cavalier.  The Malibu was worse then the Cavalier.  Within a week, the trunk spring broke.  I noted the driver side door looked like it was always slightly opened - I  was told that it was within spec!  The final straw was when after owning the car for 2 years, I commented that the engine was noisy and sounded like a diesel.  They came back and told me the cylinders needed to be rebored.  The car only had 20,000 km on it!  So, I traded that piece of GM junk in for a Mazda MPV.  They got the colour I wanted shipped in from Vancouver without extra charges.  Mainway Mazda was way better than Sherwood or SMP as a dealer.

When we needed a 2nd vehicle, I made the mistake of giving GM another chance and bought a 2005 Saturn Ion 2.  Saskatoon Saturn was part of the Sherwood group, but the dealership was quite good.  They replaced the back window twice - the weather stripping kept breaking.  However, after the warranty expired, my key kept getting stuck in the ignition - had to wait 30 seconds to about 5 minutes before the key would release.  In January 2011, I had the belt replaced and a transmission leak fixed.  That was $500.  Recently, the battery went and the car wasn't starting.  A few weeks ago, the car wouldn't start on the way to church.  I was stuck at work once and had to call home to get a boost.  On March 14, the car wouldn't start again as I was about to go to work.  So, I replaced the battery on March 14 ($120).  On March 18, I went to the library to return some stuff and then stopped by the nearby recyling depot to dump off paper and cardboard.  The car wouldn't start, so I called home for a boost again.  Today, I tried to drive it again and just before the gas station, the radio went intermittent, the seat belt light flashed and then the car stalled.  Had to call for a boost again.  The car barely made it home and the engine light was on as well as the low engine power light.  WHAT A PIECE OF GM CRAP.  The sad thing is that some of  my tax dollars went to bail out this company which should have gone bankrupt.   Now, having a car stall while you are driving is rather hazardous.  I'm seriously thinking about trading in this piece of junk.

NEVER AGAIN GENERAL MOTORS.  I HOPE YOU GO BANKRUPT AND DON'T GET ANYMORE SUCKERS BUYING YOUR JUNK.

No comments:

Post a Comment