Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A real bone head trade and more trouble with that stupid Saturn ION

Yesterday, my 2005 Saturn Ion wouldn't start again.  I had been stuck at work on March 8th because it wouldn't start at noon!  A boost with my manual car battery charger eventually got me going.  Yesterday, I even tried boosting with two different battery chargers and it wouldn't start.  So, I left it charging with the new automatic battery charger I had bought.  Strange, I used that charger to check the battery charge level on Sunday night and it indicated 100%.  Had to drive to work with the Mazda MPV, but I bought a new battery too.  Then came back to install the battery over lunch hour.  The battery charger was flashing bAD bAT.  The car started right away with the new battery installed.  I've also unplugged my USB drive from the car stereo in case that was drawing a current.  That was the worse car battery I ever had (5.5 years).  The almost 9 year old battery in the MPV is still good.  However, I was very lucky the battery didn't die during the weekend while we were shopping!

NEVER WILL I BUY GM AGAIN.  The key in my Saturn still sticks.  This is apparently a common problem.

Now, I had switched out of Romios Gold into Forum Uranium last Friday.  What a bone head trade.  I obviously wasn't thinking.  Yesterday, Forum took a huge nosedive that continued a bit today.  Romios held up pretty steady.  STUPIDITY.  I had taken a $350 loss on Virginia Energy just the week before to move it into Romios.

No comments:

Post a Comment