Saturday, March 26, 2011

Good riddance GM and Saturn

The Saturn Ion wouldn't start again this morning.  So, I had to drive to Yamaha Music Centre in the MPV.  I'm pretty sure the problem was with the ignition switch.  I had to disconnect the battery, then wait at least 10 minutes before starting the car.  This was similar to what was described at this site.  Apparently quite a few people got hosed by GM dealers replacing the switch multiple times.  I actually found a few sites which describe how to replace the ignition switch (this is yet another site).  This is even a problem with the Chevy Cobalt!  Now this is all related to the Passlock 2 passive anti-theft system.  What a bunch of crap.  I went to Parts Source and NAPA to see if they had the part and they didn't.  It was ironic that at Parts Source the sales clerk said two other people had asked about the same part earlier in the morning!  Wheaton GM Parts Dept was closed.  This piece of crap car wrecked my weekend last week as well.  I can't imagine getting stuck in the winter with this piece of GM junk.  I spent $500 in January on a new serpentine belt and transmission leak.  Two weeks ago I spent $100 and changed the battery over a lunch hour.  This GM lemon has taken up too much of my energy!

So, we went down to Mainway Mazda to take a look at the Mazda 2.  We saw the salesman who sold us our MPV almost 9 years ago.  Went on a test drive and then sat down to talk.  Eventually, we went back home to drive the Saturn Ion to Maiway for an appraisal.  We got $3000 for it.  If all goes well, we'll be picking up our Japanese-built aluminum metallic Mazda 2 on Monday.

Never again GM!

No comments:

Post a Comment