Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cashing in on the US mid-term elections

I had a hunch that the irrational stock market would surge after the US elections.  It was delayed, but today, the TSX and the Dow hit pre-recession highs.  My bet on MFC-T paid off, but I could have made even more money (sold too low).  MFC-T rose over $1/share even though it lost almost $1 billion.  Weird.  I'm not one to believe that QE2 by the US Fed is going to work.  As others have pointed out, it's meant to devalue the US$ and export the pain to US trading partners. After cashing out of MFC-T, I decided to put some cash into TKO-T which took a big hit yesterday when it's mine in BC was rejected by the federal government.  Now, this mining company has a PE of 7.4 and I think this is a buying opportunity.  I hope I'm right!

Well, I really cashed out of MFC-T way too early.  It's continued to go up to almost $15 on Nov 5.  Darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment