Monday, November 8, 2010

Lin Cho-liang - Saint-Saëns 3rd Violin Concerto

Exercising downstairs listening to the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto from this CD.  When the Saint-Saëns 3rd Violin Concerto came on, Elisha ran upstairs to get his baton (pencil) to conduct.  I have the Julia Fischer DVD of this violin concerto, so he was familiar with it. He conducted the first movement and part of the 2nd.  He doesn't like slow movements.  He then had a change of taste and wanted to conduct "music singing" - Beethoven's 9th.  So, we went upstairs and put on the von Karajan/Berlin Philharmonic DVD and he conducted the last movement.  I had bought the entire set of 3 DVDs for a bargain on Amazon marketplace. Glad I did, my baby loves it and so do I.  Beethoven is totally other worldly.  How could a deaf man compose such a glorious work!

No comments:

Post a Comment