Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gold is sliding, but 2011 January 26 was an up day

The red line shows the weird trading day for gold on January 26.  It looked like it was going to take a nosedive similar to the previous day (blue) when the price hit a 5 month low.  Because of that, I unloaded Kinross for a loss in my RRSP and also dumped my 10K of Avion for a small profit to offset that loss.  I also unloaded Avion outside of my RRSP for a $100 capital gain (it could have been $2000 profit 3 weeks ago).  Anyways, as the gold price started to recover, I got back into Avion at $1.55 in both accounts.  Today, it is trending down again despite Japan's debt rating being cut by Standards and Poors!  Don't think about what could of been, just try to build, however small the gains.  Minimise losses and trade another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment