Monday, January 10, 2011

A volatile week on the TSX and exercising to Schumann

Dug out 2 Schumann CDs by Youri Egorov this past weekend.  Haven't listened to his Schumann for a long time, so I thought I'd pull them out.  I remember I liked the 2 CDs.  Now this commentator really liked this other Egorov CD and ranked his early death from AIDS as a musical tragedy on the scale of Dinu Lipatti and William Kapell.  I don't know that I would go as far as that, but Egorov's Schumann moves me.  I see EMI has a boxed set of his EMI recordings.  It was interesting that as I was exercising to Schumann's Symphonic Etudes played by Pollini, Elisha grabbed his pencil and started conducting when the big last section came on.  I've also listened to Anda's version too this past week.  I pulled out Egorov's recordings so I could listen to Carnaval and Kreisleriana too.  I should also pull out Perahia's Fantasiestuke recording too.  It's just I'm so attached to the Fantasie and the Symphonic Etudes.

Also, took another loss again on ATH so I could trade AVR in my RRSP.  So, lost $500 on ATH and made $200 on AVR.  Then switched into K, but that's taken a slide.  Darn it.  Could have made $600 more on AVR, but sold early again.  Still have 14,000 shares of AVR on hold to make the big gains.

No comments:

Post a Comment