Saturday, January 15, 2011

What strategy now?

Well, pretty bad week for gold. European sovereign debt crisis eased when some countries made successful bond sales.  I think this is just a stall tactic as the poor fundamentals remain on that front. I sold ATH for a modest profit in my cash account and switched it into K.  However, K tanked a bit this week as the price of gold plummetted.  I was thinking I should move my cash account into a TFSA account as I have almost $15,000 contribution room as of 2011.  I still have to make up my capital losses from before, so it doesn't really make much of a difference right now (just needing to keep track of losses and gains for tax claims).  Is my need to be an active trader clouding my strategy? I have to make at least 30 trades/quarter to get the $9.95 trades.  Only good news is I'm still in positive territory on the strength of AVR (despite it's downward move).
Gold Price Chart

Copper is a hot commodity now.  TKO made a huge upswing this week which I missed again!  There was quite a trading range yesterday too ($5.62-$5.84).  Their niobium property has more reserves than previously thought and it took off this week.  If the Prosperity gold-copper mine ever gets on track (after being rejected by the Feds in November), then TKO will really rocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment